The annual Trinity River Photo Contest is a celebration of both the River’s natural beauty in the heart of our city and talented local photographers who capture the Trinity River at its best.
The Trinity River is a relatively wild landscape that enriches our lives through access to nature and as a beautiful space to unite and gather. The Trinity River Photo Contest is open to photographers of every age and ability. Year after year, hundreds of photos are entered into the annual contest and the winner’s list continues to grow.
Update: Winners for the 2019 contest have been announced! Click here for the official announcement and list of winners. The winning photographs are now on display! Check back often for more exhibit dates, locations, and information.
- Love Field Airport, February – April 2020
- Janette Kennedy Gallery, June, 2020
- Dallas Center for Photography, August 2020
Submissions open for the 2020 Trinity River Photo Contest in the Spring and close in October of 2020. Photographers entering in the Professional, Amateur, or Youth divisions may submit up to two images in each of the following categories: Nature, Places, and People.
- Professional: Photographers whose income depends on photography and/or if the photographer considers him/herself qualified to compete in the Professional Category.
- Amateur: Beginning or amateur photographers at least 18 years of age and experienced photographers who do not receive a major part of their income from photography.
- Youth: Beginning or intermediate photographers aged 17 or under.