Corporate Week of Service (Apr 17-24) – Register Now!
Trinity Park Conservancy is hosting a virtual Corporate Week of Service to celebrate Earth Week on April 17 – 24. Corporate Week of Service is part of an annual tradition of corporate stewardship of the Trinity River. Because we still aren’t gathering in large groups, we’ve developed “virtual” activities that allow people to work with their colleagues and families in smaller groups to still make an impact on the Trinity River.
This remote event is a way to reconnect and make the most of pandemic restrictions: a broader geographic impact, the inclusion of family members, and spending time outdoors make this event a perfect flexible team-building solution for any company. Some companies are deploying small, socially distanced groups to make a difference in areas we’ve identified with the help of local biologists and parks officials. Other volunteers will conduct their own Virtual Trash Bash in their own neighborhoods, local parks, trails, or areas along the Trinity River. We even have tools and activities to help your team Go Green at Home, such as video tutorials created by Dallas Environmental Quality & Sustainability.
Wondering how to get your team involved with “virtual” volunteering?
TXU Energy, presenting sponsor of the 2020 Corporate Week of Service, shared their top five takeaways from their first remote volunteer experience with Trinity Park Conservancy.
- Keep it simple: Our sign up and event details are easy to follow, timely, and informative
- Go where the people are: By providing various options for Virtual Trash Bash locations, the Conservancy makes this event accessible for even more volunteers; many loved the ability to pick up trash in their own neighborhoods!
- Spread the word: Internal company promotion of the event can be managed easily through internal professional sites, social networks, and via email
- Gather the troops: Participation increased by over 30 percent because families and members of employees’ households could get involved!
- Serve on your schedule: Extending the volunteer opportunity to an entire week gave the volunteers more flexibility to participate
Corporate citizenship inspires everyday acts of service
As long-time supporters of conservation efforts throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, TXU Energy employees maintained their commitment to stewardship despite the pandemic while inspiring others in their community.
“I had several people stop by and say that they wanted to help out. I encouraged them to set a time to go around their area and pick up trash, and that they don’t necessarily need to wait until an event is available for them to pick up trash around the neighborhood.” —Teresa S.
Corporate Week of Service is a great opportunity to observe and increase your awareness of environmental challenges in your own neighborhoods, places of work, or favorite green spaces and make a significant positive impact on the Trinity River and our city.
We are working with 15 DFW-area companies to help them plan their Corporate Week of Service activities. Contact Kathryn at 214.740.1616 or email@example.com for more details or to add your company to our growing list!